Pre-workout powders supercharge your workouts, give you energy right when you could really do with it, boost fat loss while promoting muscle growth, and shave valuable time off your recovery. You can’t really argue about the benefits of using a pre-workout if you’re a gym pro — but many folks definitely have strong opinions about the flavor of the pre-workouts they use.
Cotton candy flavored preworkouts undeniably fall into the “love ‘em or hate ‘em” category, but if you’re a fan of the general flavor genre, you’re still gonna be picky about the quality of your preworkout and the taste of a specific product.
Looking for the very best cotton candy flavored pre-workout powders on the market in 2023? No worries. We’ve got your back.
What to Look for in a Good Preworkout Powder
As you’re selecting a preworkout, you’ll be looking for ingredients that meet your individual needs. Are you after those bear-mode type of pumps, or are you actually more focused on getting ripped and losing weight? Do you want a stim-free preworkout, or can your stance toward caffeine best be described as “the more, the merrier” and you prefer super intense preworkouts that make you go best mode? That’s going to affect your choice.
Either way, you’ll only be satisfied with preworkout supplements expertly manufactured by companies with high standards, and you’ll want absolute transparency about the ingredient list.
Since the flavor of any preworkout you use has to, at the very least, be tolerable enough to allow you to actually use the preworkout, it can become just as important as the overall quality and benefit profile of a preworkout supplement. Even preworkouts that’d theoretically do wonders for your gym efforts are entirely useless if you’d rather clean out latrines somewhere than drink the preworkout, after all!
We’ll be keeping all of these factors in mind as we bring you the best cotton candy flavored pre-workout supplements on the market in 2023.
1. Nitraflex + C Cotton Candy
The Nitraflex + C Cotton Candy pre-training formula, manufactured by GAT Sport, was made with advanced male athletes in mind. It’s focused on pumps and designed to boost your testosterone levels. Because of its already extremely potent doses, it’s important not to overdo it — if you go with this preworkout, just the one scoop will meet your needs. Don’t add more, ask us how we know (or read our dedicated Nitraflex review here).
- INCREASE MUSCLE GROWTH WITH SUPPORTED TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: In a clinical study, calcium fructopyranose borate (CFB) was shown to increase total and free testosterone within 3 hours of a single dose equivalent to just over 2 scoops of Nitraflex
What’s in Nitraflex + C Cotton Candy? See for yourself what a single serving contains:
- 10 mg of Yohimbe Bark Extract
- 325 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 45 mg of L-Theanine
- 1.5 grams of L-Citrulline Malate
- 500 mg of L-Arginine Alpha-Keto-Glutarate
- 250 mg of DMAE
- 2 grams of Creatine Monohydrate, in the form of Creapure
- 1.5 grams of L-Citruline
- 1.5 grams of Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn)
- 1 gram of L-Arginine Malate
- 1. 4 grams of organic evaporated cane sugar powder
- 500 mg of N-Acetyl-Ltyrosine
- 500 mg of Calcium Fructoborate
- 0.01 mg of Resveratrol, sourced from Japanese knotweed root extract
- Finally, 0.01 mg of Trans Prerostilbene
Besides an incredibly well-rounded ingredient list, Nitraflex + C Cotton Candy boasts an extremely strong dose of Beta-Alanine. What’s missing? Well, you won’t see much creatine here, something that’s intentional on the manufacturer’s part, which is hoping to help you prevent water retention.
2. Nitro Surge Cotton Candy
Nitro Surge Preworkouts are popular for a reason — they’re suitable for just about any serious athlete and crafted to increase your gains and support your goals. All of their 12 different flavors are very decent, in that they lack the chemical taste you find in some preworkout supplements, and Nitro Surge Cotton Candy is completely free from any artificial colors.
- Pre Workout Powder for Energy, Strength, & Blood Flow: Nitrosurge is a creatine-free pre-workout for men and women, formulated with evidence-based ingredients that boost nitric oxide (NO), energy, and strength for hours on end. As a best rated pre workout...
You’ll want to check out the ingredients before you opt to give Nitro Surge Cotton Candy a try, of course, so here’s a look:
- 3 grams of L-Citrulline
- 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1.25 grams of Betaine Anhydrous
- 180 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 90 mg of L-Theanine
- 50 mg of Theobromine
- 25 mg of AstraGin®
In case you’re not familiar with Theobromine, it’s a stimulant used instead of, or in addition to, caffeine that improves blood flow and has a mood-lifting effect as well. AstraGin, meanwhile, helps boost nutrient absorption, making your diet that much more effective.
3. Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy
Optimum Nutrition’s keto-friendly Amino Energy preworkout formula offers a range of exciting flavors, including the Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy Cotton Candy preworkout supplement and is one of our favorite BCAA/EAA supplements on market. As an added bonus, it’s legit sugar-free too!
The cool thing about O.N’s Amino Energy lineup is that while it doesn’t have as stacked of an ingredient list as other dedicated preworkouts that also means it can serve double duty as either a minimalist preworkout OR you can sip on it during long workouts like leg days for amino-rich intraworkout support!
- AMINO BLEND – a perfectly blended mix of amino acids to aid in muscle recovery*
Let’s see what’s in this BCAA-heavy preworkout:
- 5 grams of a well-rounded amino blend that contains, among other amino acids, Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Leucine, Beta-Alanine, and L-Tyrosine
- 100 mg of caffeine, a low dose that makes this blend suitable even for later in the evening
- 50 mg of Green Tea Extract
- 10 mg of Green Coffee Bean Extract, which helps with cognitive performance and has potent antioxidant properties
That’s a rather different ingredient list, and to top it off, nearly everyone who’s reviewed this product concurs that it actually tastes good.
4. Psychotic Labz Psycho Circus
Want “mindblowing crazy energy”? That’s what Psychotic Labz Psycho Circus is committed to delivering. The Psychotic Labz Psycho Circus Cotton Candy preworkout is just one of two flavors offered, the other one being sweet watermelon. The flavor’s potent, and the powder has a special anti-clumping formula to take another pet peeve off the list.
- CRAZY INSANE ENERGY.Psycho Circus is one of the hardest hitting pre workouts out there. If you want to murder your workouts, have intense energy and have hardcore pumps, this is the pre workout for you.
This blend includes Beta-Alanine, Creatine, Caffeine, Caffeine Citrate, Huperzine Serrata Leaf Extract, and a whole bunch of other ingredients.
Are you a beginner? To blatantly steal a line from Spider-Man’s theme song, this is the stuff of “Is he strong? Listen bud, he’s got radioactive blood!”. Veteran athletes have described Psychotic Labz Psycho Circus as “potent AF”, so unless you know what you’re getting into, you might want to skip this one.
5. Cutler Nutrition Prevail
Brought to you buy Jay Cutler’s supplement company, Cutler Nutrition Prevail offers seven unique flavors. Cutler Nutrition Prevail Cotton Candy Grape is one of them. Besides a powerful energy boost, this preworkout is formulated to prevent you from crashing hard once your workout is done.
- Train like the Pros: Try the Jay Cutler pre workout drink and experience a professional grade pre workout for men and women that offers maximum focus and energy for even the most serious bodybuilders
The ingredients speak for themselves:
- 2 grams of L-Citrulline
- 1 gram of Taurine
- 375 mg of L-Tyrosine
- 375 mg of Alpha GPC 50%
- 125 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 75 mg of Dicaffeine Malate
- 50 mg of NeuroFactor
- 30 mg of Theobromine
- 25 mg of L-Theanine
- 10 mg of Cocoa Seed Extract
- 250 mcg of Huperzine A
Opt to take one or two scoops, depending on your goals. Weighlifters and bodybuilders are going to benefit from a double dose, while folks who’ve just dipped into the world of preworkouts will want to stick with the one.
6. Allmax AMINOCUTS (A:CUTS)
Allmax AMINOCUTS Cotton Candy flavor is another very solid choice for many — because this preworkout has a clean, natural flavor, because this preworkout mixes very well, and because it’ll give you the “pick-me-up” you need while also supporting your weight loss goals.
- A QUICK AND DELICIOUS CHOICE: On your way to do some cardio? Need a mid-afternoon “pick-me-up”? No matter your goal, A:CUTS is designed to fit your life and your diet.
In a single serving of A:CUTS, you’ll find:
- 500 mg of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate
- 127 mg of all-natural caffeine
- 125 mg of Green Coffee Bean Extract
- 2 grams of Taurine
- A whole range of BCCAs, including L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Alanine, L-Glutamine, and L-Threonine
This preworkout might not make the cut for the most dedicated bodybuilders and weightlifters, but it sure as hell makes a great preworkout for men and women who are looking to get fit, toned, and to shed a few extra pounds.
7. ATHENA Intense Preworkout Blue Razz Cotton Candy
Yup, you bet that you’re getting ready to work out hard. Who said that that means you can’t also feel like you’ve just had the time of your life at a carnival? If you were picking your preworkout supplement on the basis of taste alone, ATHENA Intense Preworkout Blue Razz Cotton Candy would emerge as a clear winner. This preworkout brand doesn’t try to copy other brands in adding flavors to its selection, and the added touch of blue raspberry candy makes ATHENA Intense Preworkout’s Blue Razz Cotton Candy flavor one of a kind.
(A word of warning: That doesn’t mean it’s made to please everyone. Plenty of people complain about the awful taste, but you’re not plenty of people — you’re reading a list of top cotton candy preworkouts, so we’ll assume that you like cotton candy.)
ATHENA isn’t just pretty packaging and tantalizing tastes, though — this preworkout also offers substance:
- 1.2 grams of Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn)
- 150 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 750 mg of Betaine
- 500 grams of Taurine
- 300 mg of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine
- 3 grams of Citrulline Malate
- 350 mg of Beet Extract
- 3 grams of L-Leucine
- 1.5 grams of L-Isoleucine
- 1.5 grams of L-Valine
- 1.5 grams of L-Tyrosine
- 25 mcg of Hyperzine A
8. Bucked Up Blue or Pink Cotton Candy
Bucked Up, created by DAS LABS, came out with two unique preworkout flavors in 2021, both exclusive to the Vitamin Shoppe. If “cotton candy” wasn’t specific enough, you can now pick from blue or pink cotton candy.
What else do the Bucked Up cotton candy flavored preworkout supplements have going for them? Well, some things. Per serving, you’ll get:
- 100 mcg of Vitamin B12
- 39 mcg of Sodium
- 6 grams of Citrulline Malate
- 2 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 200 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 200 mg of Alpha GPC
- 100 mg of Taurine
- 100 mg of Himalayan Rock Salt (for pump enhancement)
- 50 mg of Deer Antler Velvet (if that’s making you go “???”, it’s a steroid alternative and performance enhancer, and also Bucked Up’s main claim to fame)
- 25 mg of AstraGin
- 25 mg of ActiGin
All in all, there are better preworkouts on the market, including better cotton candy flavored ones. Still, it’s nice to have options, right?
9. Pro Supps Hyde Xtreme Cotton Candy
Pro Supps’ Hyde Xtreme Cotton Candy preworkout, available through GNC, might not be quite as intriguing as its pixie dust or sucker punch flavors, but hey, it’s what you asked for. As the “Xtreme” in the name already gives away, this preworkout is pretty intense.
- Energy.Strength.Focus.Pumps. If you're looking for the BEST PRE-WORKOUT available with 2X THE ENERGY of leading brands, MR HYDE NITROX is for you. Our unique formula includes a hard to beat 400mg caffeine matrix, and is powered by Yohimbe, TeaCrine,...
Looking to max your performance and energy? That’s easy with Pro Supps Hyde Xtreme, which is packed with:
- 25 mg of Niacin
- A “Strength Matrix” that includes Beta-Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, Arginine Silicate, and L-Citrulline Aspartate and amounts to a total of 4.5 grams
- A 420 mg “Caffeine Matrix” that offers Caffeine Anhydrous, Dicaffeine Malate, Caffeine Citric Acid Blend — we told you this stuff was strong!
- An “Intensity Matrix” with Choline Bitartrate, L-Theanine, N-Acetyl Tyrosine, Theacrine, GABA, and Yohimbe Bark Extract
This is a great preworkout for you if you want to focus on mental endurance.
10. Beyond Raw LIT Cotton Candy
Beyond Raw LIT is a well-respected preworkout option that’ll do what you need it to no matter what flavor you pick. Everyone likes to hate on LIT because it’s technically a GNC product but just because you don’t like corporation doesn’t mean they aren’t capable of producing a solid pwo, they have a lot of industry knowledge and sales data after all to help inform their formulations.
Beyond Raw LIT Cotton Candy offers, per serving:
- 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1.5 grams of Creatine
- 250 mg of caffeine
- 150 mg of ElevATP
- 100 mg of NeuroFactor
- 3 grams L-Citrulline
- 1.5 grams of Nitrosigine
Beyond Raw LIT isn’t the only cotton candy flavored preworkout that includes NeuroFactor, but it’s one of the few, making this a unique selling point. NeuroFactor, we’ll remind you, has anti-inflammatory properties, boosts cognitive function (kind of its main thing), and also promotes weight loss.
11. PEScience ProlificEOS Fitness Cotton Candy
Looking for a well-balanced cotton candy flavored preworkout powder? PEScience ProlificEOS Fitness Cotton Candy might be just what you’re after if you want energy, pumps, and extra strength. PEScience is one of our favorite brands, not just because they’re endorsed by Jeff Nippard but because they strike a nice balance between efficacious dosages of ingredients and fair prices. Oh, and solid flavor profiles too!
- INCREDIBLE VALUE - Each container of Prolific contains 40 scoops, providing 20 to 40 workouts, which is nearly twice the industry standard in serving size.
Here’s a closer look:
- 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1.6 grams of Kre-Alkalyn, a new type of Creatine that’s more readily absorbed and is known to have an extremely minimal side effect profile (something that, you’ll notice, you won’t see on the ingredient list of any of the other cotton candy preworkouts)
- 1 gram of Arginine
- 745 mg of Taurine
- 250 mg of Tyrosine
- 200 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous
- 100 mg of Caffeine Malate
- 5 mg of Theobromine
Skinny Yoked Summary
On the whole you may think supplement flavors aren’t that big of a deal, and technically you would be right. The most important thing about a PWO is that it has functionality, that it contains ingredients that actually help you achieve your goals, and in the right quantities.
Secondarily price is another huge factor to consider after the ingredient list. There are some dope PWOs out there that are just insanely priced, to the point that you’re breaking the bank with every glass you drink and subsequently urinate out.
We’d argue however that after ingredients and price that flavor is the third most important factor to take into consideration when shopping for a preworkout. Whether you are going with a shitter-dosed mainstream staple like Cellucor C4 or if you want the most ingredient packed option out there in Betancourt’s B-Nox, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if the supplement tastes garbage and you end up not even drinking it.
This is why we are compiling these preworkout guides based off not just brand reputation, quality ingredients and fair price points, but based off flavor as well because if that’s what it’s going to take to get you to consistently take your supplements then so be it. If cotton candy isn’t your jam and but Jolly Rancher flavors are then we got you covered too.
As Mary Poppins said, a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. Cotton candy is sugar and beta-alanine and creatine are your medicine so buck up and get something you actually look forward to taking every day!
Last update on 2023-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API