You’re serious about working out, and you know that the right preworkout supplement will increase your strength, stamina, and performance. You’re also painfully aware that most preworkouts taste awful. You like Jolly Rancher, and are cool with pretty much all its flavors and incarnations, and you’re wondering if a spoonful of sugar and a burst of flavor would make the medicine go down.
At the same time, you don’t want to compromise; you’re not just looking for a preworkout with a great (or at least highly-tolerable) taste, you also want your preworkout supplement to live up to its name, with efficacious doses of the good stuff like beta alanine and L-citrulline.
We’re here to help you narrow your choices down, so that you’ll never have to choose between flavor and performance again.
What to Look for in a Good Preworkout
While the precise ingredients you’re looking for will depend on your fitness goals, here’s a rough idea of the bockes any preworkout you choose ought to tick.
Most excellent preworkout supplements contain:
- Beta-Alanine to boost your endurance and help you work with the pain.
- Caffeine to boost your energy, concentration, and stamina (or caffeine-free pump enhancers)
- Creatine for strength and faster muscle recovery.
- L-Citrulline for a better, more efficient, workout.
- BCAAs for muscle growth.
- Vitamin D to boost your recovery.
You’ll also want to make sure your preworkout supplement is made by a genuinely reputable company — there are too many scams around, and just as many mediocre and expensive preworkouts that would be better to skip. You’ll want to look out for natural and clean ingredients, as well.
Only a few Jolly Rancher flavored preworkouts make the cut if you want quality and taste. Ready to go shopping? Not before you know what unique benefits each of them has!
- ABOUT THE PRODUCT: Beyond Raw LIT’s clinically dosed pre-workout powder for men and women helps you train with focus, intensity and pumps
1. Beyond Raw LIT Jolly Rancher
Beyond Raw’s LIT preworkout range has gained respect in the workout community because it’s clean, simple, and contains a perfectly-balanced spectrum of active ingredients in the right doses to make a real difference. Beyond Raw LIT is the result of hard work, hard science, and a solid commitment to ethical standards, regardless of whether you’re a fan of GNC or not.
So, what’s in there? A bit of everything, because Beyond Raw LIT preworkouts contain:
- 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1.5 grams of Micronized Creatine, a purer and more potent form than monohydrate
- A very decent 250 mg of caffeine
- 150 mg of ElevATP, an innovative preworkout ingredients that boosts performance from the first time you use it
- 100 mg of NeuroFactor, a green coffee fruit extract that promotes fat loss, fights inflammation, and boosts brain power
- 3 grams L-Citrulline to stimulate blood flow
- 1.5 grams of Nitrosigine, scientifically proven to enhance performance
Beyond Raw LIT is a good preworkout for anyone but the most seasoned bodybuilders, but what about the Jolly Rancher flavor? Beyond Raw, a GNC subsidiary, isn’t just producing preworkouts that “taste like Jolly Rancher” — it’s partnered with Jolly Rancher to produce Watermelon and Green Apple Jolly Rancher preworkouts.
That’s why Beyond Raw LIT Jolly Rancher has to top this list — it’s really as close as you can get to Jolly Rancher while still reaping all the benefits of a well-rounded preworkout.
2. Sparta Nutrition Kraken (Watermelon Candy)
Sparta Nutrition Kraken preworkouts are another example of a well-balanced preworkout supplement that does just what you need it to, especially if you’re a beginning or intermediate athlete. Here’s a look at the ingredient list, so you can judge for yourself. Per serving, Sparta Nutrition Kraken contains:
- 2 grams of L-Citrulline
- 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1 gram of HydroMax to boost your performance and help prevent dehyration
- 500 mg of Taurine
- 500 mg of Agmatine Sulfate, a compound found in L-Arginine
- 250 mg of L-Tyrosine
- 125 mg of Eria Jarensis extract, which is a stimulant
- 100 mg of caffeine
Sparta Kraken’s watermelon candy flavor tastes exactly like Jolly Rancher, and this preworkout’s here precisely because it really has a great flavor. Watch out, though — this preworkout is a little on the clumpy side, so if you hate that, it’s not for you.
- [Competition-Tested Performance] – The Hardbody Team has trained competition-leading bodybuilders to reach their best condition -- Now you can use their pre-workout super formula to get extraordinary results in the gym with less effort AND less time
3. OMG Preworkout (Green Apple Jolly Rancher)
OMG’s natural and organic preworkout formulas are the perfect answer to overly-chemical, harsh, preworkouts for every clean living devotee — that’s to say, anyone who only wants to put the very best into their body, so their body can give them the very best back.
What’s in there? Let’s see:
- 1.5 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 1 gram of L-Citrulline
- 1 gram of Creatine
- 200 mg of organic caffeine
- 150 mg of N-Acetyl Tyrosine
As for the Green Apple Jolly Rancher flavor, it’s easy to get down — which is really what you’re looking for when it comes to flavor.
- ALL-IN-1 PRE-WORKOUT | Ditch the counter full of pump products, cheap stims, and pills. This strength focused Shawn Ray signature preworkout powder is built with ALL of the fully dosed ingredients you need to fuel a good old fashioned iron-smashing...
4. Mutant Madness All-In Preworkout (Melon Candy — Like Jolly Rancher Watermelon)
“Are you all in?”, asks Mutant Madness — because if you’re fed up with weakly-dosed preworkout supplements and you’re looking for something just right for the pro that you are, Mutant Madness might do the trick.
Not only does Mutant Madness’ All-In preworkout have a long ingredient list, it can also top many other manufacturers when it comes to doses. To get a better idea of what we’re talking about, just inspect the ingredient list:
- 6 grams of L-Citrulline Malate
- 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine
- 3 grams of Creatine
- 2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous to take your strength and endurance to the next level
- 1 gram of Taurine
- 150 mg of ElevATP
- 3 grams of L-Leucine to preserve and boost muscle
- 600 mg of L-Tyrosine
- 300 mg of caffeine
- 40 mg of Caffeine Citrate
- 250 mg of L-Theanine to boost the effects of caffeine
- 10 mg of Huperzine A for mental sharpness
- 10.2 mg of Bioperine to help you absorb all the nurtients
- 400 mg of Aquamin for joint health
- Magnesium Oxide and Himalaya salt
Mutant Madness’ All-In Melon Candy preworkout isn’t just one of the best preworkouts on the market, its flavor is also surprisingly (and this isn’t a word you’re used to in this context) good. Yes, it comes with a hefty price tag, but in this case, it’s actually worth it.
Skinny Yoked Summary
There’s no denying the value in a quality pre-workout in terms of making the most out of your gym session. There are a lot of different ways to select a PWO; ingredient list, price, flavor, or intended goal (strength, endurance, pump enhancement etc).
At the end of the day though, the product has to be drinkable, and the more drinkable it is the more likely you are to use it and fuel your gains, and for that reason we’re big proponents of seeking out flavor profiles you already like, such as peanut butter when shopping for protein powder, or cotton candy, or other popular candy flavors when shopping for PWOs.
If your supplements taste garbage you wont’ take them so invest in something you know you’re going to look forward to drinking, because that my friend, will ultimately make going to the gym all the more fun as well.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API