If you want a muscular back and broad-looking shoulders, one of the best ways to do it is to do pull-ups. This is an exercise that you can do anywhere, as long as you have the right equipment. When it comes to equipment, this is also an exercise that isn’t going to cost you hundreds of dollars.
In fact, you can get wall-mounted pull-up bars for less than $100. It only takes a few minutes to assemble one of these wall-mounted pull-up bars, and you can start working on those back muscles right away. If you are not sure which is the best one to buy, take a look at the following wall-mounted pull-up bars.
Joist Wall-Mounted Pull-Up Bars
We are going to begin by talking about a few of our favorite joist-mounted or wall-mounted pull-up bars. These can be attached to any wall that is framed with studs, so you can set it up in just about any room in your home. It is generally recommended that the setup of one of these bars be a two-person job, as the bars can be heavy and a bit awkward for one person to install.
Ultimate Body Press
The Ultimate Body Press is precision engineered, making it easy to mount standard residential walls framed with studs. All of the hardware is included, so all you need is a screwdriver and you are ready to get it all set up. This pull-up bar has four grip positions, so you can adjust your workouts for more difficulty as you increase your strength.
- NEW IMPROVEMENTS: Target more muscles with four fully padded grip positions - Parallel | Narrow | Standard | Wide. Exclusive lowered parallel grips improve range of motion so you can focus on form and repetition
The grip positions are made from high-density foam, making them comfortable on the hands while you are working out. Everything you need to install this pull-up bar is included in the box.
Even if you are just doing your first pull-up, this is a great wall-mounted bar for you to have when you are using the optional accessories. It is completely stable, and it is made for anyone to use, no matter what your skill level is. This is the ideal piece of gear to have if you prefer to work out at home instead of spending a lot of money on expensive gym memberships.
Some of the features include:
- Positioning – This pull-up bar stands about 14 inches from the wall, so it is always ready when you want to work out.
- Steel Construction – This bar is made from steel, and has a black powder coat finish that will never wear off and always look great.
- Mounting Plates – This pull-up bar comes with mounting plates made from steel that is thicker than many other pull-up bars, giving it more stability.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to Install – All of the necessary hardware, including screws and mounting plates are included, so you don’t have to buy any extras.
- Larger Bolts – The manufacturer took Amazon customer reviews seriously, and upgraded to larger screws for this unit.
- Accessories Available – You can get some accessories for this pull-up bar that will intensify your workouts. Available accessories include Ab Straps and Push-Up Rings.
- Wrong Item – While there are few complaints about the bar itself, some customers report having received the wrong item and had to get refunded.
50” Wall Mounted Chin Pull Up
This wall-mounted pull-up bar is easy to assemble, and anyone can use it. You don’t have to be an expert body builder to reap the benefits of pull-ups, and with this bar, you can do them in the comfort of your own home.
- ONE Weld Chin Up Bar Construction with attached neutral grips
It has a 500-pound capacity, and it can be mounted either vertically or horizontally on any concrete wall, with a width up to 53 inches. The height can be adjusted based on the height of the ceiling in the room, and mounting hardware is included so all you need to do is take it out of the box, set it up, and start working out at home.
A lot of the pull-up bars you find in sporting goods stores are made for smaller people, and don’t have height adjustments. Also, they don’t always have a high weight capacity. You can add loads of weight to your workout when you are using this pull-up bar. In fact, it is highly unlikely that you are going to be able to pull this bar down while working out, no matter how much extra weight you pile on.
Some of the features are:
- Construction – This pull-up bar is made from heavy weight steel, making it good and solid. This will feel like any bar you work with at any gym, and it is great for both beginners and experts.
- Capacity – As long as it is mounted correctly onto a concrete wall, this bar will have no problem holding your weight. The capacity is up to 500 pounds.
- Everything You Need – This pull-up bar comes with everything you need (minus the tools) to have it set up in just a few minutes.
Pros & Cons
- Work Out at Home – There are always days when you don’t feel like heading to the gym. This pull-up bar lets you work out at home and get the same benefits as you would in the gym.
- Durability – This pull-up bar is strong and durable, made from tough steel, and can handle your toughest workouts.
- Dimensions – This looks like any pull-up bar you would see at the gym. The bracket is 31 inches high and 32 inches deep. The bar is 50 inches long, and 1.25 inches in diameter.
- None – We are seeing no negative reviews about this product, but plenty of good reviews, so we can only assume that users are generally pleased with this product.
Iron Core Athletics Wall Mount Bar
This heavy-duty wall-mount pull-up bar has padded hand grips, located in three different positions on the bar. This bar is built to last, made with re-enforced poly-coated steel, along with super-strong mounting brackets that have four mounting holes each.
- ✔ Multiple grip positions filled with soft foam can bring comfort to your hands and prevent slipping due to sweat.
Once you install this bar, it isn’t coming down until you take it down. It even comes with a variety of dense foam handles so you can adjust your grip to make your workout even more demanding.
You can always find a place to mount this pull-up bar. Not only does it come with mounting hardware for concrete or block walls, there is also hardware included for mounting it to wood beams. There are eight mounting holes all together, much like the bars you will find in most gyms, unlike other similar models that only have two mounting holes on each side.
- Everything is Included – With the exception of tools, everything you need for this bar is included. In the box you will find mounting brackets, mounting hardware for concrete and wood, and installation instructions.
- Padded Grips – You won’t end up with calluses or blisters on your hands after using this bar, because it has padded grips in three positions.
- Trustworthy Name – When it comes to fitness, Iron Core Athletics is a name you can trust. This is a company that focuses on building core strength with quality equipment that doesn’t cost a fortune.
Pros & Cons
- Warranty – This pull-up bar comes with a 60-day, no questions asked return policy. If you aren’t completely satisfied, you can return it within this period for a full refund.
- Easy to Use – This piece of workout gear is easy to use, and it only takes a few minutes and a screwdriver to set it up.
- Price – This is a quality pull-up bar, but you aren’t going to pay a lot of money for it. In fact, it is less expensive than some of the bars that claim to be of higher quality, but are not.
- Installation – Some users have reported that this unit is difficult to install, and that the anchors are not sturdy enough.
Titan Fitness Adjustable Height Bar
You can get pull-up bars that fit right into any doorway, but over time, they are just going to damage the door frame, and they don’t always stay in place as they are supposed to. A better option is the Titan Fitness adjustable height wall-mounted pull-up bar.
- Manufacturer Part Number 400510 Model PullUpBarHD Fitness Goal Strengthen Core, Build Muscle, Tighten & Tone Brand Titan Fitness Features Wall Mounted Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 52.00 x 32.00 x 31.00 Inches
This bar is wall-mounted, and it can be adjusted to five different heights so anyone can use it. It is heavy and durable, and you don’t have to worry about it not holding your weight. If you are into strength training, this is definitely a piece of fitness gear that you need.
If you are looking for a durable pull-up bar to use in your home, or anywhere else you wish to install it, this is a great option to choose. This strong and heavy pull-up bar is made from solid steel, so you know it is going to hold your weight, and then some. It is easy to install, and it can be used with a variety of workout accessories.
- Materials – This pull-up bar is made from 1.25 inch thick solid steel, making it extremely durable, and it is intended for indoor usage.
- Versatility – Enjoy plenty of versatility with four adjustable height settings. This bar can also be used with accessories, including straps and carabiners.
- Installation – This bar is easy for two people to install in just a few minutes. The mounting pins, fasteners, and screws are not included, so they will have to be purchased separately.
Pros & Cons
- Height Settings – This pull-up bar is adjustable for five different height settings, so you can do various exercises without hitting your feet on the ground.
- Design – This is a design that is meant to protect door frames and be as stable as any door pull-up bar. In fact, some users think it is much more stable and feel safer using it.
- Weight Capacity – This bar can easily hold up to 350 pounds of weight, so you can add weights to your pull-ups for an even better workout.
- Hardware Missing – Some customers report that there is no hardware included for the installation, and that they had to purchase it separately.
GRONK Fitness Wall Mounted Unit
If you want to get a good workout, you need to use the right equipment. The GRONK Fitness wall-mounted pull-up bar is a multi-grip chin up station that is ideal for body builders, or anyone who wants to have broader looking shoulders and that V-shape on their backs that swimmers have.
- NO SLIP GRIP: This pull up bar is powder coated smooth and has a non slip grip. No need to worry about ripping your hands or bands up on the knurling grip.
This pull-up bar can easily be mounted to any wall where there is a stud, and it isn’t going to pull away while you are using it, so you will always have a safe workout. This pull-up bar gets a lot of positive reviews, and is now available on Amazon.
This wall-mounted pull-up bar is ideal to have in any home workout station. In fact, even if you don’t have a dedicated workout space, you can enjoy using this. It is ideal for small spaces, because it can be installed easily on any wall stud.
More features include:
- Weight Capacity – Even some of the pull-up bars that manufacturers claim are the strongest can’t beat the strength of this one. No matter how much weight you pile on, it is going to hold, with an 800 pound weight capacity.
- Multiple Exercises – This pull-up bar isn’t just for pull-ups. You can do a variety of exercises with it, including reverse abdominal crunches. All you need is a pair of inversion boots.
- Multiple Grips – Enjoy working out with multiple grips, including wide, narrow, pronated, neutral, and supinated grips to work all of the muscles in your back, shoulders, and biceps.
Pros & Cons
- Easy Assembly – Everything you need to assemble this wall-mounted pull-up bar comes in the box. With a few simple tools, you can easily install this pull-up station.
- Accessories – You can use this pull-up bar with a variety of accessories (not included), such as ab straps and elastic bands to increase the intensity of your workout.
- Materials – This pull-up bar is made from strong steel and is powder coated so it isn’t going to rust. The frame is reversible and fits standard studs.
- Hardware – Some users have reported that the hardware comes loose, and they do not feel that this is a safe pull-up bar.
Fitleader FC3 Heavy Duty Bar
The Fitleader FC3 wall-mounted pull-up bar is designed for the athlete who wants to be able to work out at home as well as at the gym. It is made with mounting plates and holes that are located exactly at 24 inches, right on center, and the wall mount bolts will work with any standard residential stud frame wall.
- High Density Foam Grips
This is a thick, sturdy steel bar, and is mounted so it is 11 inches from the wall, for the best possible workout with no interference.
Additional features include:
Everything you need for a pull-up workout is included when you order this pull-up bar. You will get the bar, parallel grips, mounting hardware, and instructions for installing it to any wall. The heavy-duty steel construction makes this a stable bar that is going to help you have better workouts. It is the same quality as found in most gyms, and it is designed for a variety of exercises. Features include:
- Foam Grips – The grips are made out of high density foam, so they are going to be comfortable and you will have a firm grip with no slipping.
- Multiple Uses – You can do many different exercises with this pull-up bar simply by adding push-up rings or ab stapes.
- Measurements – This bar has a 5.3-inch parallel grip length, and the parallel grip, wall to tips, is 18 inches. The distance from the wall to the bar is 11 inches, and the width of the bar is 39 inches.
Pros & Cons
- Installation – This pull-up bar is easy to install, and comes with everything you need for quick installation.
- Convenience – You can have this bar set up in any room in your home, so any room can be your very own personal gym. You can even use it in the garage.
- Size – This pull-up bar has plenty of space for you to be able to use a variety of grips and do a combination of exercises.
- Proximity to Wall – Some users report that the pull-up part with palms facing you is too close to the wall, causing the knees to drag.
Ceiling-Mounted Pull-Up Bars
If you don’t want to have a pull-up bar on your wall, or you don’t have a stud to mount it to, another option is to get a ceiling-mounted pull-up bar. This is great if you don’t have a wall that is built to support this kind of a fixture. It is a bit more difficult to install than a wall-mounted pull-up bar, but with two people on the job, it will be relatively simple.
CFF Ceiling Mounted Bar
Here is a pull-up bar that can be mounted on either a wall or a ceiling. The CFF pull-up bar is the same quality as any pull-up bar you would find in any fitness center, and it has a commercial quality stud and joist mount system. This pull-up bar is 46 inches wide, and sits 30 inches from the wall so there are no limitations for your workouts.
- Turn the walls or ceiling of your garage into a pull up rack!
Also, it is quite easy to install, and all of the hardware is included so you don’t have to run out to the hardware store for anything. In less than a half an hour, you will be ready to start using your new pull-up bar and adding a variety of new exercises to your home workout.
You can turn just about any room into your own personal workout space with this wall or ceiling-mounted pull-up bar. This is a heavy-duty bar that is going to hold a lot of weight, so you can easily add more weights when you are working out and get an even better workout. Enjoy working out at home any time you want.
- Multiple Exercises – You can do more than just pull-ups with this pull-up bar. It is also great for ring dips, and you can use accessories to vary your workout.
- Size – This bar is 46 inches wide, so there is plenty of room for you to use different grip styles. It sits far enough from the wall that it isn’t going to be in your way.
- Weight Capacity – This pull-up bar can support 300 pounds of weight, so anyone can use it, and add weights for more intensity.
Pros & Cons
- Convenience – When you have a pull-up bar at home, you can work out, even if you can’t make it to the gym.
- Grip – There is plenty of room for various grip lengths, and the bar itself is 1.25 inches thick, so you can get a good hold without slipping.
- Warranty – If you aren’t happy with this pull-up bar after using it for up to 30 days, you may return it for a full refund.
- Hardware – Some users have reported that the hardware wasn’t included with their purchase, and that they had to buy it at hardware stores.
As you can see, there really is no need to go to the gym every day, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money on home gym equipment to be able to get a great workout. All you need are a few simple pieces of gear, including a wall or ceiling-mounted pull-up bar. Either type is going to be great for building and defining the muscles in your back, and give you that V-shape that every body builder wants. Any of the above pull-up bars will suit your needs perfectly, and they will all support more than enough weight for really intense workouts.
Last update on 2023-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API