Metal straws.. they aren’t just for heavy metal dandies, they are for eco-minded individuals who frequently drink pre-workouts, post-workouts and BCAAs.
I recently received a bag of metal straws a gift, and although initially skeptical, I’ve grown to become a massive fan of them.
First, if you are going to the gym multiple times a week and needing to dissolve powders on a regular basis, you are probably currently using a spoon.
Spoons are cool and work just fine. However, metal straws are pretty fun to drink out of. Here is a picture of a cup of pre-workout with my metal straw (and straw cleaner next to it).
A few of the cool benefits of using metal straws:
- They just look cool. Anything normally made of plastic done in metal is just badass.
- They make your drink seem cooler because metal cools down quick. Tastes good.
- Serves as a stirring/mixing tool and drinking tool at the same time.
- You’re helping save the planet as plastic straws kill mother nature.
- Helps you drink your pre-workout or BCAAs from the bottom-up.
The last point is a really big one. Even the best pre-workouts, with everything “instantized”, usually leave particulate at the bottom of the glass.
If you are drinking normally from a cup you always notice you’re missing out on some good bits at the bottom of the glass which usually are wasted or need more water added to get them down.
Drinking with a straw however sucks the pre-workout up from the bottom of the glass like a vacuum, meaning at the end there is zero wasted beta alanine, creatine, BCAA powder or whatever chemical you tried to initially completely dissolve but failed to do.
Best Priced Metal Straws Online
They’re just metal so no need in overpaying. They are also hard to find at small local stores so shopping online is probably your best bet.
Below are some best sellers that are solid choices to up your sipping game.
- 【Premium Material】These drinking straws are made of GENUINE premium, silver-colored 18/8 stainless steel.Unlike other cheap straws with low weight and bent easily, our straws have thicker walls, so that they are very strong, not too heavy nor too...
- 【High Quality Polishing】With our polishing technique, the surface of our straws are well polished, very smooth for your lips and hands to touch and it is easier to get the silicone caps on/off than other metallic staws. Our metal straws have smooth...
- 【Safe to Use and Environmentally Friendly】These sustainable straws and the covers are made of food grade stainless steel and silicone,no metal aftertaste, BPA free,lead free, non plastic,non toxic.They are extremely durable,dishwasher...
- 【Variety Pack and Shape】the various sizes give you many different cup options you could use them with.8pcs ultra long 10.5 inch straight and bent straws for 24 oz,30 oz,32 oz and 34 oz tumblers,8pcs regular size 8.5 inch straight and curved straws for...
- 12 DRINKING STRAWS FIT ALL SIZE TUMBLERS - 3 straight straws and 3 bent straws of 10.5” for 30oz tumblers. 3 straight straws and 3 bent straws of 8.5” for 20oz tumblers. Perfect for you to enjoy your beverage, juice, lemonade, coffee, cocktail, ice...
- 18/8 FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL - BPA and lead free, Dishwasher Safe, No metal aftertaste, Colorfast, Plastic free, Reusable and Environmentally Friendly. As a safe and suitable alternative to plastic, they are safer for the environment. Not only the...
- 2 LONG NYLON CLEANING BRUSHES - Very handy to rinse off stains. Featuring a stainless steel handle and nylon bristles, the brush is of the perfect size for these straws, also suitable for cleaning cups and bottles.
- BROAD USAGE - These metal straws look equally beautiful in a cocktail or a smoothie, which add fun to any party, trendy for family reunion, girls night out,cocktail party, picnics, boating and so on. Also suitable for family party, outdoor picnics,...
So there you go. Metal straws.. they are cheap, durable, easy to clean and make drinking boring shit more fun.
Your best bet for finding good deals would either be online at Amazon or at your local retail giant like Target or Wal-Mart.
Give some respect and love back to mother earth and say goodbye forever to plastic straws! Give metal straws a try and let us know what you think in the comments!
Last update on 2021-10-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API