Wait, what’s a “Zyzz”?
Get out. You know who he is. Women want him, men want to be him. But do you know the whole story?
But seriously, in case you live under a rock, Zyzz (spelled Z-Y-Z-Z, NOT “ZIZZ”) was the poster-boy (Seriously, he has fan sites dedicated to him) for amateur bodybuilding and lean-mass aesthetics. In fact, at 6’2 he epitomized the ectomorphic bodybuilder.
Arnold-style mass, he wasn’t. Insanely ripped, he was. Skinny Yoked is all about lean mass and Zyzz epitomized what you could call being a “yoked as f*ck ectomorph”.
Not everyone wants to be a big soft looking “bear” with tons of muscle mass covered with a thick layer of fat.
Most of us want the muscle mass and we want to SEE it. This is exactly what Zyzz epitomized.
You can’t truly appreciate what the man did until you see one of his amazing before/after transformation pictures.
Starting from what looks like barely 100lbs Zyzz looks like he damn near doubled his weight over the course of his bodybuilding career.
We found the shorts Zyzz made famous in his god pose above. So even if you can’t achieve a Zyzz physique you can still have fun trying to look like him while showing of your monster quads.
- DURABLE: Made from high-tech, 100% breathable polyester, these machine washable, colorful and flexible shorts are quick-drying and just right for performing lifts in the gym; the material keeps its shape and withstands rigorous workouts whether you're indoors or outdoors; can be used as multi-purpose attire for bodybuilding, exercise, sports, athletic, fitness, swimming, or casual wear
- HIGH CUT: Cut shorter than our quad shorts, they show off the results of your quad training work and discipline so you can stay encouraged and inspired; with 2 pockets and a ribbed waist with drawstring tie, they offer generous room to stretch and they're ideal in or out of the gym; their lightweight and moisture-wicking qualities make them perfect for warmer months
- COMFORTABLE: Our super soft fabric makes these short bottoms perfect for everyday casual wear but they're stretchy, relaxed, and the right length for flexible movements like weightlifting, squats, and lunges, and sports such as soccer, basketball, and tennis; they're comfy to wear around the house, or as pajamas to sleep in, too
- STYLISH: These sporty shorts keep you in fashion; wear these practical but fashionable shorts on the beach, swimming, around town, or as elite sportswear when you're lifting; add this essential apparel basic to your gym wardrobe along with our equally durable Flexz Fitness T-shirts and tanks; we'll even throw in a discount for you to look amazing
- GREAT FIT: Sizes conform with American sizes in inches; sizes (waist): small, 25-27''; medium, 27-30''; large, 30-33''; extra-large 33-36"; we do not accept any compromises on the quality of our products, but if you're not satisfied, for any reason, we offer exchanges or a complete 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Now you got the shorts you need to know just how to train and eat in a way that will make you look good enough to rock them with confidence in public!
From Scrawny Ectomorph to Aesthetics God
From the late 2000s up to his untimely death at just 22 years old, Zyzz was the guy that “gymrats” wanted to be, and girls wanted to get under.
Even five years after Zyzz died in Thailand, his ripped-to-shreds body and wild lifestyle are driving people to hit the squat rack instead of the club (even though he was a club rat too).
Fact: 7/10 trolls on Reddit and Youtube that talk sh*t about Zyzz secretly have his poster above their beds.
Zyzz, (or Aziz Shavershian), set the bodybuilding scene on fire, not just because of his crazy aesthetics, but ‘cos of his swagger, arrogant catchphrases, party-loving attitude and ‘dirty bodybuilder’ lifestyle. Not to mention the dumb-as-hell chat-roulette videos.
Zyzz putting on a chat Roulette show. Not really our thing but there’s no denying that the ladies sure seem to get a kick out of it. Yeah, look at their faces when they see it… squish!
This is an intense training program. We’re talking a 5-day split including a full-body Saturday workout. It’s not for the faint-hearted and you’d better give it the respect it deserves. But with hard training and dedication comes real reward. So if you want Zyzz style aesthetics, this is what you’ve gotta get on board with.
Combine it with the diet plan and you see why we’re looking at 3800 – 4000 calories a day. Your body needs that fuel. Train intense, train hard, and keep a positive state-of-mind. If you need some Zyzzspiration, blast some trance music. Tiesto’s Clublife podcast is a great one that’s updated weekly!
Personally, we think that cutting down this routine to a four day split is good enough. Remember, Zyzz did have some chemical help, which definitely let him run a training program this intense. While you can do it without, this might be counterproductive.
We’d suggest you take it down to a four day program, especially if you have a full-time job. Zyzz’s intense workout routine is fine for a full-time bodybuilder but difficult for a someone with full-time daily commitments.
Cut out the full body Saturday and throw in a run or some cardio instead. This is especially applicable if you’re not a natural ectomorph like Zyzz. Swimming is one of our favorite therapeutic cardio exercises.
There you have it. Now you’ve got the info to go out and get ripped as f*ck like Zyzz.
Make no mistake, that path is difficult, challenging, and intense. But if you’ve got the passion and the energy, there’s no reason you can’t do it too.
So we’ll leave you finally with one of Zyzz’s favorite quotes:
“Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.”
Last update on 2018-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API