The terms “high-quality” and “compact” aren’t two terms that you hear used together in the world of exercise equipment. That’s particularly true when it comes to treadmills; however, if you want to take advantage of the numerous benefits that working out on a treadmill can provide and you’re short on space then this guide is for you.
“All of the treadmills at my local gym I go to are huge though”, you’re probably wondering if it is possible to find a high-quality treadmill that has a space-saving design. We wondered the same thing, which is why we set our editorial team to the task of finding out.
After devoting hours upon hours to conducting in-depth research, reading through product descriptions and customer reviews, and comparing and contrasting different models, we’re happy to report that yes! – there are, indeed, some legit quality compact treadmills on the market! If your attention is piqued, keep on reading for more information!
- Most Effective Running Modes of Reducing Fat: HIIT is internationally recognized as the most effective method of reducing fat. To burn calories more effectively, we specially programmed 12 different HIIT running setting, with the help of these preset...
- Satisfactory Service Guarantee: DeerRun is committed to providing every customer with 100% satisfactory after-sales service; Any problems, you can contact us through the contact information in the lower left corner of the first page of the manual, and we...
The Benefits of Exercising with a Treadmill
It’s no secret that regular exercise is vital for your overall health and well-being. Aerobic exercise, in particular, is one of the best forms of exercise you can do. Numerous scientific studies have confirmed that moderate aerobic activity for 30 minutes every day is essential if you want your heath to remain optimal.
Gentle jogging and brisk walking are two of the best forms of aerobic exercise that you can do, and with a treadmill, you can do both, without ever stepping foot outside of your home.
Of all of the different types of fitness equipment, treadmills are one of the most popular options used for home exercise. Walking or running on a treadmill is an excellent way to get in shape and look lean and ripped. The health benefits of working out on a treadmill are many. The following are some of the most notable advantages.
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Weight loss
- Improved muscle strength, notably of the legs
- Enhanced bone density
- Blood sugar regulation
- Increased stamina
- Improved mental health
In addition to the above, working out on a treadmill places a lot less stress on your body than other forms of cardio exercise, like running, jogging, or even brisk walking around your neighborhood or a track.
Needless to say, if you want to improve – and maintain – your physique, as well as your physical and mental health – working out on a treadmill is something that you should strongly consider.
How Foldable Treadmills Work & Key Features
While working out on a treadmill can certainly provide numerous benefits, the idea of having a big, bulky piece of exercise equipment out on display, looking like a big sore thumb, probably isn’t exactly appealing to you; that is, if you have enough room to accommodate a treadmill! These machines take up a lot of space, a standard treadmill definitely needs dedicated space. If you don’t have enough space to fit one, you might be thinking you’re out of luck.
Whatever your particular situation may be, a foldable treadmill may be the perfect solution for you. A foldable treadmill is exactly what it sounds like; a treadmill that is designed to fold down so that it can be stowed away easily.
The frames of these space-saving models, however, aren’t nearly as sturdy as a standard, full-sized treadmill. As such, foldable treadmills often cannot support strenuous workouts; therefore, they usually have to be reserved for gentler exercises.
That said, there are some good quality models out there that would definitely make a great addition to your home gym or apartment if you don’t have the space for a full home gym (in which case you may be interested in shed gyms).
The Best Compact, Foldable Treadmills
When we set our editorial team out to find the best quality compact, space-saving treadmills, we asked that they keep certain factors in mind, which include the following:
- The total folded size: Size matters when it comes to a foldable treadmill, so we asked our editorial team to pay close attention to the size of the models they assessed.
- Maximum Incline: The ability to adjust the incline that you’ll be walking or running on is important, so our team made sure to keep this in mind, too.
- Ease of use: Folding and moving around a space-saving treadmill shouldn’t be a complicated struggle; rather, it should be a quick and easy process. Ease of use was a top priority for our team.
- Valuable Features: Things like touchscreen displays, built-in speakers, and other features add to the experience; however, they can also add to the price. Nevertheless, our team considered features, too.
- Construction & Materials: Of course, the construction of the machine will have a direct impact on its quality. We considered the materials used and the overall construction when selecting the best compact treadmills.
So let’s get down to it! With the above-mentioned factors in mind, the following models are our picks for the best quality, foldable, space-saving treadmills.
Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
The Xterra Fitness TR150 has a large walking/running surface that can accommodate people of all sizes and with all types of stride lengths. A 5” LCD display is easy to read and keep tabs on stats, like speed, incline, time, calories, and pulse. It has 12 preprogrammed settings and 3 manual incline settings for great variety. The easy pull knob makes it easy to fold and stow away, and the durable materials will stand up to wear and tear.
UREVO Foldable Treadmill
Space-saving size, yet offers plenty of room for users of all sizes and stride lengths to run and walk. A 2.5 peak HP motor lets you reach a brisk 7.5 mph, and the anti-slip belt provides a secure surface and cushioning for the knees. There are 12 pre-set training programs and an LCD screen that lets you keep tab of your stats.
GoPlus 2-in-1 Folding Treadmill
Boasting a 2.5 HP motor and an anti-slip belt, this 2-in-1 treadmill is equipped with two modes: When the rise is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine at a slower speed (1 to 4 km/h) and when the handrail is raised, it can be used for running at a faster speed (1 to 12 km/h). The motor is whisper-quiet so it won’t cause disturbances, and the LED display is easy to read so you can keep track of your stats.
Skinny Yoked Summary
Cardio sucks, there’s no way around that. But learning to embrace cardio as an essential part of burning body fat so that your resistance training-derived muscle mass shines is key to maintaining an impressive physique year round.
Of course, if you are consuming a ton of calories as part of a bulk routine to go full “bearmode” then cardio might not be of an immediate concern, however eventually after your bulk you’ll want to trim down and that’s where cardio equipment comes into its own.
Personally, when the sun is out we default to getting our walking in outside but that isn’t always possible year round in many parts of the world and for these unique situations there’s nothing better for steady-state cardio short of a Stairmaster than a compact foldable walking treadmill.
Last update on 2023-06-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API